By John Crook
1) Judi Dench won an Oscar as best supporting actress for playing what famous monarch in “Shakespeare in Love”?
2) Who played Eleanor of Aquitaine and King Henry II in the 1968 feature film “The Lion in Winter”?
3) Only the previous year, Dench was nominated in the best actress Oscar category for her work in the title role of “Mrs. Brown.” Which British monarch did she portray in that film?
4) What two-time Oscar winner won an Emmy for her tour de force portrayal of Elizabeth I in the 1971 PBS miniseries “Elizabeth R”?
5) On “Dynasty,” which member of the Carrington clan nearly was killed, along with several others in her family, at her wedding to Prince Michael of Moldavia?
6) Whoopi Goldberg and Victor Garber made an unlikely royal couple in a 1997 ABC remake of what Rodgers and Hammerstein musical?
7) Previously cast in the short-lived 1999 Fox dramedy “Get Real,” what winsome beauty went on to win an Oscar for her performance in “Les Miserables”?
8) Miranda Richardson had a (croquet) ball playing what short-tempered monarch in NBC’s lavish 1999 “Alice in Wonderland”?
9) This movie legend was so well known that people called him simply “The Duke.” Can you name him?
10) On what CBS sitcom hit did you find a character named Doug Heffernan?
1) Queen Elizabeth I
2) Katharine Hepburn and Peter O’Toole
3) Queen Victoria
4) Glenda Jackson
5) Amanda Carrington
7) Anne Hathaway
8) The Queen of Hearts
9) John Wayne
10) “The King of Queens”