Take a pill
By John Crook Zap2it
1) What was the first name of Dr. Kiley, the character played by James Brolin in "Marcus Welby, M.D."?
2) Two network medical dramas enjoyed healthy runs from 1969 to 1976. Can you name them? (Hint: Both start with the same letter.)
3) Alan Alda's doctor character on "M*A*S*H" went by the nickname of "Hawkeye" Pierce, but was really named after which American patriot?
4) What veteran actor played Dr. Leonard Gillespie, the mentor of Dr. Kildare (Richard Chamberlain) on that NBC hit?
5) During the 1961-66 run of "Dr. Kildare" on NBC, ABC countered with which medical drama? Who was its star?
6) Wayne Rogers, who played "Trapper John" McIntyre on "M*A*S*H," donned hospital garb again for another CBS sitcom. Can you name it?
7) "The Librarians" star Matt Frewer played the eccentric Dr. Mike Stratford in what cult comedy hit that ran on CBS from 1989 to 1991?
8) James Franciscus played the title role in "Doc Elliot" on ABC in 1974, but is far better known for playing a high-school English teacher on what NBC show?
9) What actor won a 1995 Emmy Award for best actor playing Dr. Jeffrey Geiger on CBS' "Chicago Hope"?
10) Long before "ER" and his subsequent movie career, George Clooney played an inexperienced young doctor named Ace in what CBS sitcom?
2) "Medical Center" (CBS) and "Marcus Welby, M.D." (ABC)
3) Benjamin Franklin
4) Raymond Massey
5) "Ben Casey" with Vince Edwards
6) "House Calls"
7) "Doctor, Doctor"
8) "Mr. Novak"
9) Mandy Patinkin